By Nancy Morvillo
From the heliocentric controversy and evolution, to debates on biotechnology and the surroundings, this booklet deals a balanced creation to the foremost concerns in technology and religion.
- A balanced, introductory textbook which absolutely spans the interface among technology and faith, and contains illustrations of clinical options throughout
- Explores key old concerns, together with the heliocentric controversy, and evolution, but in addition themes of present significance, equivalent to biotechnology and environmental issues
- Appendices contain a variety of biblical readings; excerpts from early philosophers, theologians and scientists, together with Aristotle, Aquinas, Hume, Kant, Galileo, Newton, and Darwin; and brief works from 20th and twenty-first century scientists and theologians
- Accessibly dependent in to sections protecting cosmology, evolution, and ethics in a systematic age
- Provides major assurance of clinical info and balanced motives of the most important debates for introductory students
Read or Download Science and Religion: Understanding the Issues PDF
Similar History Philosophy books
The 4 members to this quantity study the eugenics events in Germany, France, Brazil, and the Soviet Union, and describe how geneticists and physicians participated within the improvement of guidelines about the development of hereditary features in people. They learn the clinical elements of these courses and speak about the involvement of social, non secular, and political forces that considerably altered the unique clinical targets.
That the longstanding antagonism among technology and faith is irreconcilable has been taken with no consideration. And within the wake of modern controversies over educating clever layout and the ethics of stem-cell learn, the divide turns out as unbridgeable as ever. In technology vs. faith, Elaine Howard Ecklund investigates this unexamined assumption within the first systematic research of what scientists truly imagine and believe approximately faith.
Sir Isaac Newton as soon as declared that his momentous discoveries have been basically made due to having 'stood at the shoulders of giants'. an analogous may additionally be acknowledged of the scientists James Watson and Francis Crick. Their discovery of the constitution of DNA used to be, surely, one of many largest medical landmarks in background and, thank you principally to the good fortune of Watson's best-selling memoir 'The Double Helix', there might sound to be little new to assert approximately this tale.
This ebook bargains a extensive, comparative survey of a booming box in the heritage of technological know-how: the background, iteration, use, and serve as of pictures in clinical perform. It explores each element of visuality in technological know-how, arguing for the idea that of visible domain names. What makes an excellent clinical photograph? What cultural luggage is key to it?
Additional resources for Science and Religion: Understanding the Issues